The global pandemic has thrust nonprofits into the digital world out of necessity. And, there is no end in sight or turning back.
So, why not make 2021 that year where you set goals to grow your online donations.
Here are some steps that you can take to make 2021 the year that your organization crushes the digital space.
- Set a target goal. Perhaps your goal is to grow online donations by 10% from 2020. Whatever that is, first determine your baseline and then set a growth goal.
- Ensure that your Case for Support or messaging is crystal clear and puts the donors at the center. What are you asking donors to support, i.e., research, medical equipment, and treatment? Why do you need a donor to act? And why now?
- Determine which channels are your strengths and which ones you will focus. Review those channels for content, ease of use, and giving strings and ensure mobile experiences.
- Determine platforms to test for acquisition efforts such as Facebook and Instagram ads.
- Develop conversion funnels for acquisition efforts. If you have not heard of conversion funnels, view my webinar here.
- Try out remarking ads on your social channel for those who may have engaged with your calls to action.
- Test, optimize, and then test again. Optimize messaging, calls to action, buttons, imagery, and then make adjustments based on data from trials. Run multiple ads at one time and analyze the data. Adjust ad budgets accordingly. Use tools such as Google Analytics and Heatmaps for additional data and learnings.
- Try out things such as creating lookalike audiences for advertising purposes based on existing Facebook fans, donors, and website donors.
- Develop a cadre of ambassadors who want to share content and motivate them too.
- Create social shares and monitor organic post performance. Engage your social ambassadors.
- Leverage the power of email and direct mail integration. Highly segment and use variable data and landing pages.
- Resend successful emails to non-openers.
- Use your Google grant to drive traffic to your fundraising/campaign landing pages based on people searching for selected keywords. Optimize these efforts.
Digital efforts tend to create a “halo” effect that boosts revenue across all channels.
Data-driven efforts, testing, and optimizing allow you to make informed decisions about strategy and integration approaches.
Make 2021 the digital year for your organization, and use some of these suggestions to make that happen.
Development Consulting Solutions has a team of experts who can meet your needs by serving as your grant reviewer, grants researcher, proposal template developer, and ongoing grant writer. Check out our list of grant writing services here.
Get Your Ultimate Digital Donor Acquisition Lead Ebook…
In recent months, the fundraising community has shifted to digital work.
And, with the recent pandemic causing many groups to question their future sustainability and independence, it makes sense to begin to use this emphasis on digital to build a broader base of donors and encourage greater giving by the many.
Whether your nonprofit is large or small, Robin will show you how to acquire new donors through using low-cost digital acquisition techniques to help you reverse that trend of “dollars up and donors down” in your fundraising shop.
For a free, 30-minute consultation, or to learn more about our “Survive and Thrive” professional coaching services, visit us here at www.developmentconsultingsolutions.com/coaching or book your fundraising coaching session at http://calendly.com/robincabral.
Join my new nonprofit “tribe” who are surviving and thriving! Click HERE to join my private Facebook group: Nonprofit Survive and Thrive Mastermind and receive support and inspiration to drive your results.