Every non-profit (large or small) needs a major gift program. Major gifts are the most cost-efficient fundraising strategy. If you are a nonprofit organization, you will not survive without a major gift effort. If you are working at a small non-profit, you might be saying, “I know we need a major gift program, but with everything, I’m doing there is no time.”
This presentation will provide the in-demand skills needed by fundraisers in all fundraising shops and will lead you step-by-step through creating a successful major gift program no matter the size of your fundraising shop. You will build strong relationships with donors who care about your organization and its mission.
Participants will learn “Building Your Major Gifts Portfolio in Any Size Fundraising Shop.”
- How to find and identify major gift prospects
- How to rate and rank donors to focus a major gift portfolio through a series of “Tiers”
- How to qualify and cultivate major gift prospects through discovery visits
- What the ideal portfolio size is and how many prospects are needed to meet your revenue goals
- How to develop a revenue goal for each donor
- How to create a schedule of moves for each identified prospect with each “Tier” of donors
- How to effectively manage the major gift portfolio over time even with time constraints
- How to use your Case for Support to create donor offers that will inspire a gift
- And, much, much more!