In talking with many groups, I often offer a specific role that their Board can play during this holiday giving season. That role is as an ambassador.
Board members can easily share your giving season appeal with their social networks, and it is simple, easy, and yet, effective.
And, it’s something that every Board member can do.
Here are some steps that you can take to help your Board members be the best ambassadors possible quickly:
- Be sure to give them a clear explanation of their role in this social share campaign.
- Highlight key points and messages that you need them to make as part of the campaign.
- Be sure that you provide them with sample copy and graphics for all social formats, i.e., Facebook, Instagram, etc., for several days.
- Provide simple instructions on what they are to do, when, where, and why.
- Provide information on who people can contact for more details.
- Provide commonly asks organizational questions and answers.
- Please give them a timeline or schedule for social sharing.
- Please encourage them to tag their friends.
- Be sure that they make their gift before they ask their friends.
- Have them report back their efforts to the organization.
And here are some simple ways to equip your Board members as true fundraising ambassadors for the organization during this upcoming Giving Season.
Again, please don’t assume that they know what or how to do it. Provide them all the information and instructions to make it simple, easy, and painless.
Development Consulting Solutions has a team of experts who can meet your needs through serving as your grant reviewer, grants researcher, proposal template developer, and ongoing grant writer. Check out our list of grant writing services here.
Get Your Ultimate Calendar Year-End Checklist Needed For Your Next Appeal…
Savvy nonprofit professionals know that as the end of the year winds down, donations go up — way up.
Raising spirits while lowering taxes, year-end giving inspires donors to give to your campaign — more than a quarter of nonprofits raise close to half their annual funds in year-end campaigns, a little over 10 percent of that occurring in just the last three days of the year.
With our Ultimate Year-End Fundraising Checklist, you’ll be well on your way to a Happy New Year with a boost in your bottom-line worth breaking out the bubbly for.
For a free, 30-minute consultation, or to learn more about our “Survive and Thrive” professional coaching services, visit us here at www.developmentconsultingsolutions.com/coaching or book your fundraising coaching session at http://calendly.com/robincabral.
Join my new nonprofit “tribe” who are surviving and thriving! Click HERE to join my private Facebook group: Nonprofit Survive and Thrive Mastermind and receive support and inspiration to drive your results.